CHESS NIGERIA ONLINE PREMIER CHESS LEAGUE 2018 SEASON
RULES & REGULATIONS
The CNO premier chess league 2018 season will commence on the 16th of April 2018. This is a 20-player league organized in a ‘home and way’ format. This is the First Edition of our league, which is fully an online event.
A total of 38 matches will be played by each player, with 2 matches being played each week. The league will run for approximately 19 weeks [5 Months].
Prizes will be awarded to the top 7 players at the end of the league season in the following order:
NB: Prize will be paid within 30 days of Completion of the league to winners designated Accounts.
Each match will consist of 2 variants namely Blitz and Bullet. A total of 6 games will be played per match in the following format.
Blitz: 3 games @4+2
Bullet: 3 games @2+1
We expect all players to observe a high level of fair-play and professionalism. As this is an online event played in trust and integrity, we implore players to ensure that their games are played by no other person than themselves. Use or multiple lichess usernames are not permitted. Players are only allowed to use the usernames they have been registered with.
POLICY ON CHEATING
We have agreed that in order to promote fair play and safeguard against any form of cheating in chess tourneys, the following rules must strictly be adhered to.
- No chess programs or engines (e.g. Chessmaster, Fritz, Komodo, Houdini, Stockfish, Chessbase with any active UCI engine, etc.) can be used to analyze positions in ongoing games at any time.
- While your game is ongoing, no outside assistance OF ANY KIND is permitted.
- Fixing game results by playing with multiple accounts or losing intentionally is also against the rules.
- You can only use the Lichess ID which we have registered on our CNO database
How do I report someone whom I do not believe to be playing by the Fair Play rules above?
- If you have reason to believe someone is referencing the illegal assistance of engine analysis, please report it to us directly, do-no take matters in your hand. Please do go around accusing without first reporting to, and must be done so with concrete evidence. We will not entertain any false accusations based on a hunch.
- When reporting any suspicious cheating, please include all relevant info (username, the reason for your suspicion, etc). Our Foul Play Detection Staff will conduct a thorough investigation, gathering statistics and reports on said user, keeping all findings confidential, taking appropriate action against the reported user if/when a concrete assessment has been made.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- discuss your suspicions in the chat groups
- make public accusations on a user’s wall or in their notes!
- make public accusations of any username in public chat in Live Chess (while observing a game or playing a game)!
- Any of the above described public accusations/actions against a member will likely lead to being barred from our community, regardless of if that person is eventually found guilty or note.
- Players found cheating will be banned from all future CNO events.
In a case where 2 or more players end the season on the same number of points, then the following criteria’s will be used to determine the winners’ positions:
- Head to head scores within the league
- Games difference [Total games Won – Total games Lost]
- Best of 3 games.
1321total visits,2visits today