Phillips Arthur Udoh
Recently our team had a whatsApp interview with Phillips Arthur Udoh, one of the players currently in the CNO Challengers league. Please find details of that interview below.
- Where were you born? : I was born in Bauchi State, Nigeria on 10th December 1981.
- When did you start playing Chess? I was introduced to the game of chess in 1999 just after I finished High school.
- Tell us about your first chess tournament. It was in my first year in the University. It was quite an experience for me, because this was the first time I was testing out my chess theory among a mixture of players of various strength. For a beginner I was quite impressed with my performance.
- What was your experience as a chess player growing up with other responsibilities on your shoulders? For me chess has always been a distracting but almost irresistible force. Due my education and other responsibilities, I had to drop out of competitive chess a couple of times, but I always ended up coming back.
- Did your parents support you playing chess when you were growing up and living with them? Yes, and No. My dad barred me from playing once as he considered it a detractor from my studies in Med School back then.
- How did you find out about Chess Nigeria Online? Through a friend who used to be a member of our Chess Club in Jos on WhatsApp.
- When did you join CNO? I joined back in 2017
- Share with us some of your chess achievements OTB. I have won a club tournament for people in my own class and that was really exhilarating!
- Who is your favourite chess player of all time? Gary Kasparov
- Who is your favourite Nigerian chess player? IM Odion Ahikhoje
- What is your favourite chess openings for white and black? The London System as White, and Alekhine Defence as black
- What are your hobbies and interests? Public Speaking, Song writing, Poetry, Drumming.
Philikovich’s Week 1 Match
This is one of the games played in the match between Philikovic and Doriavengeance in week 1 of the CNO Challengers chess League played 9th July 2018.
446total visits,3visits today